Thursday 19 July 2018

EVALUATION

1) In what ways does your media product develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

In my Fashion magazine, I have followed convention as my masthead is at the top of my magazine and goes from the left to the right. On the other hand, my model is subverting convention as she is not making eye contact with the reader. This creates an idea of a rebels as she is a young girl who is not following the common conventions of a magazine.
My magazine is semi- conventional as my model is young teenager and I tried to portray her as rebellious. The conventions also kept it subtle and as she is a school girl, she follows rules which is why I maintained some conventions. This will attract readers as my target audience is a range of 14-16 and therefore it kind of pops and reflects a modest vibe as my model is also fully covered.

2) How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I used photoshop and the layers helped as I kept things separate so I didn't need to edit the whole thing as 1 thing.
I also embossed some text which made it stand out and look different. I also used the spot healing brush to remove some spots on Aiman's forehead.
I even used a paint icon which allowed me to match the colours of my picture to my text.This really helped m as it matched and helped create a house style which is that my masthead matches my picture. This blends well and makes the magazine look professional as the colours don't look odd.

For one of my posts, I used prezzi as it made my presentation look well made and professional.
I also used surveymonkey for my market research as it was a well known survey company and was really simple to use. This helped me as I found out what my target audience prefer.

3).What will you look to improve on for your NEA? (Time management? More planning? More research?)
I would like to improve my time management as I was not able to create a context page despite the fact that we received enough time. I underestimated the effort it takes to make a magazine cover and therefore I did not manage my time. I also need to be more detailed for my blog as I have done alot of posts but I received all 2s. I hope next time to present things with more quality.
I will also plan beforehand as I didnt realise that I was a bit far behind until after the final stages.

4)What have you learned about yourself from this process? (Creative? Enjoy the practical more, or less? Need to be more organised? Need to treat media with respect more?)

I learnt that I should not have underestimated media as a subject as I thought itd be easy to start with but it takes alot of organisation and skill. I also found out that I actually really enjoyed myself in this subject as you explore different media products and use them and just play around with. Lastly, I learnt that in the future, that I need to be more organised and planned for so I wont have to struggle in the middle. I know for the future that I should try and enjoy myself and do work instead of stressing out and making no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EVALUATION

1) In what ways does your media product develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? In my Fashion magazine, I have ...